The World’s Leading Online Design School
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? Find your answer below (and save time)! View all FAQs
Can I pay the membership fee monthly?
Do you offer a trial membership?
I missed the enrollment, and now the course is closed. What can I do?
Don't worry if you missed the course. We will re-run it shortly. One of the reasons we continually open and close courses is in order to control the classroom size.
Networking is a large part of our value proposition, so we want just the right number of people inside the courses. That is also why we display the "XX % percent booked" on our course icons.
Do I have to be online at an exact time to study?
No. You can set your own study schedule. There are no "live sessions" since we have members from all timezones around the world. We are a truly global community.
Thus, once you are enrolled, you can take all the time to complete a given course. Every "classroom" in each course will never close, so you’ll have permanent access to your classmates and your course material (as well as your own answers).
What is the difference between a Professional and a Student membership?
As a student member, you'll receive the very same benefits as you would with a Professional membership - except for 2 things:
- You will appear as a "student" to the other members. If you want to use your membership to network and get a job, we suggest you go for the Professional membership.
- You can take a maximum of two courses at the same time. You can still take all courses you want during your membership period, with no extra charges – as long as you finish or drop them so that you don’t have more than three courses going on at the same time.
Can I take all of your courses at no extra costs?
Yes! Once you have paid for your membership, you can take as many courses as you would like with no additional cost. No hidden fees—just pure learning and networking.
We’re a community and not a money machine. And, yeah, we hate hidden fees just as much as you do!
Will I receive a Course Certificate?
Yes. You will get a digital industry-recognized course certificate every time you complete a course. Certificates never expire and can be saved as a .jpg file, so it's easy to be shared. Also, there is no limit to how many certificates you can earn during your membership.
Can I take more than one course at a time?
With a Student membership, you can take a maximum of two courses at the same time. You can still take as many courses as you would like – free of extra charges – just as long as you finish or drop them so that you don’t have more than two ongoing courses.
Which Credit or Debit card can I use to pay my membership?
- The IxDF is registered in Denmark, and that could make the transaction appear as an "overseas charge". This could cause your bank's security system to block the transaction.
- Your account is lacking sufficient funds.
- There is a temporary technical problem between your bank and the payment gateway.
- Try using another credit card
- Simply go through the process again but choose PayPal as the payment method. You do NOT have to have or create a Paypal account — you can simply let Paypal process your credit card and that will likely solve the problem.
- Call your bank to check if the "overseas charge" has triggered the security system and blocked the transaction. You can request the bank to approve the transaction before making another attempt.
Can you send me an invoice and may I pay by wire transfer?
Yes! Please contact our member support at email@example.com and they will provide all the information you need to do a wire transfer to our account in Denmark.
My company wants to buy me a membership; should I choose a company membership?
If you want to take courses just for yourself, then you’ll need an individual/professional membership, not a company membership. Company memberships are only for groups of people within the same company.
Are your courses only offered online?
Do you provide mostly beginners' or more advanced courses?
Who are the intended users for your courses?
How long does it take to complete a course?
You will need approximately 5-8 hours to complete one lesson. Each course has between 3 and 16 lessons.
Once enrolled in a course, you will gain access to a new lesson each week, which you are free to complete without any deadlines and no end date, either.